Respiratory Care: Instructors, Training Requirements, and Continuing Education
Renewals: All licensed Respiratory Care Practitioners MUST renew their license by September 30, 2023. License renewals will be online and open on August 15, 2023. Register at NM-PLUS to be prepared to renew.
Continuing Education: For renewal, each licensee must complete 20 hours of continuing education, with at least one of those hours in ethics.
A minimum of 12 clock hours of the 20 clock hours of continuing education must be consistent with American Medical Association Category I. Below are the Category I-approved continuing education providers:
(1) AAP, American Academy of Pediatrics;
(2) ACCP, American College of Chest Physicians;
(3) ATS, American Thoracic Society;
(4) AOA, American Osteopathic Association;
(5) AMA, American Medical Association;
(6) ASA, American Society of Anesthesiologists;
(7) ABIM, American Board of Internal Medicine;
(8) ALA, American Lung Association;
(9) ACC. American College of Cardiologists;
(10) AAST American Association of Sleep Technologists;
(11) NMSRC New Mexico Society for Respiratory Care;
(12) AARC American Association for Respiratory Care;
(13) any AARC state affiliate; and
(14) AASM, American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
A complete list on continuing education requirements is available at 16.23.12 NMAC Continuing Education Requirements.