Electronic Plan Review
Electronic Plan Review (EPR)
What is EPR?
EPR is an electronic plan review service provided by RLD/CID. This new service is intended to save both time and money during the construction document review and permitting process. This will alleviate the cost of multiple printings of the plans and to allow CID plan reviews to respond electronically to submittals, reducing paper waste. (no building permit is issued at this time, this is only a plan review. building permits will only be issued at the time of full payment and/or with proof of a awarded contractor providing a copy of the signed contract)
How do I Submit?
- Review EPR Check list
- Complete a CID Multi-Purpose State Building Application.
- Provide an estimated valuation and signed contract amount when applicable.
- Electronic plans may be submitted in PDF.
- Simply open a web browser and navigate to https://send.rld.state.nm.us. You will be presented with the main landing page. Click on “Drop-Off Portal”.
You will be presented with the following screen. Please fill out the following information:
- From address – enter your email address.
- To address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject – a short description identifying what will be in the email
- Choose File – click on the Browse button, select the all required documentation required in the EPR Checklist (electronic plan, the Multi-Purpose Application, the Energy Plan Review Checklist and the estimated cost/signed contract amount document.)
- Message – a message to the recipient with a brief description of the needed plan reviews.
- Captcha – this is for security purposes. Type in the letters that you see. If you have trouble or cannot see the letters click on the “Reset Captcha” link.
- Click Send. The recipient at RLD will receive an email with a link to download the file that you have sent to them. CID will notify you of the permit fees to be remitted.
What Happens Next?
- Once CID staff has received the request and plans have been tracked the submitter will be emailed with a CID tracking number for the project and the estimated fee that are due with instructions for payment submittal. (As a reminder EPR is a service that is intended to save both time and money during the construction document review and permitting process no plans will be returned prior to receipt of payment by CID)
- If plans are rejected or placed on hold, the submitter and/or design professional will be contacted by phone and/or email by plan review requesting revisions be made with an expiration date of two weeks. After two weeks plans will be rejected, returned and requested to be resent.
- Resubmittal of rejections shall go thought the submittal for EPR process and sent to email@example.com (Plans shall not be sent or submitted directly to any CID staff or plan reviewer at any time THIS WILL DELAY THE PROCESS.)
- Approved plans will be emailed to the submitter in a PDF format with comments and markups once payment is received.
- One set of approved plans must be printing and remain on the jobsite for inspection review.(plans DO NOT have to be printed in color)
How Do I Make Payment?
Once your request has been accepted you will receive an email with the tracking number and fees that are due, with instructions on how to make payment. (also listed below)
visit our web site at https://citizenportal.rld.state.nm.us/
click on permits > scroll down > click on search permit records> enter your number>click search
NOTE TO ONLINE USER TO SEARCH YOUR PERMIT BY PERMIT NUMBER PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING EXAMPLE:
OR YOU MAY MAIL
Check or money order may be made out to:
Construction Industries Division
Memo: PRT _______________
Mail Payment to:
Construction Industries Division
5500 San Antonio NE
Albuquerque NM 87109
To ensure no delays please review prior to submitting that the following is included and any pdf.
Submittals are unlocked formats.
- Planning and Zoning and or floodplain signatures on the Multipurpose state Building Application if applicable in the area for which your project is located. For list of areas click here: Flood Plain, Planning and Zoning Departments
- Construction plans must be complete in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Energy Checklist is required for all residential and commercial buildings.
- Multipurpose State Building Application
(Is complete, with valuation, square footage, physical address, Zip Code, County and directions of your of the project. IF NO CONTRACTOR AWARDED AT TIME OF SUBMITTAL PLEASE PUT TBD IN THE CONTRACTOR FIELD AND DO NOT SIGN, SIGNATURE IS ONLY FOR THE CONTRACTOR.)(IF THERE IS A CONTRACT A COPY OF THE SIGNATURE AND AWARDED AMOUNT MUST BE SUBMITTED)
- REVISIONS: MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE CID TRACKING NUMBER (PRT 1234) AND LABELED REVSIONS ALONG WITH A COPY OF THE REJECTION NOTICE. ALL RESUBMITTALS SHALL BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE https://send.rld.state.nm.us WEB SITE. No plan at any time should be sent directly to any CID staff at any time.
- Other forms that may be needed:
Adopted Building Codes
2017 National Electrical Code
2012 National Electrical Safety Code