Construction Industries Division
The Construction Industries Division protects New Mexico consumers by licensing and regulating the state’s industry.
The New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department (NMRLD) was created in 1983, and the Construction Industries Division (CID) was established as a division of NMRLD in that enabling statute. The CID licenses contractors in many different license classifications.
The Construction Industries and Manufactured Housing Division protects consumers by regulating the industry through policies that promote business growth, safety, and general welfare of the public. The division strives to provide excellent customer service, every time, while:
- Ensuring that construction is performed in a safe, competent, and professional manner
- Licensing contractors and enforcing licensing laws
- Requiring licensure for any person practicing or offering to practice construction contracting
- Enforcing the laws, regulations, and standards governing construction contracting in a fair and uniform manner
- Providing resolution to disputes that arise from construction activities
If you have any questions, or have a concerns, email or call the division. Your concern will be addressed promptly, and you will be informed of the division’s findings and actions.