STATE REGISTERED INVESTMENT ADVISER INFORMATION
REQUIREMENTS AND FEES:
1. Complete Form ADV Part 1 and Part 2 online and pay filing fees through FINRA IARD.
2. The filing fees are: $300 for investment adviser firm registration, $50 for each investment adviser representative/designated principal registration.
3. Most recent financial state Investment advisers, who will not have custody of customers’ funds or securities, may submit unaudited statements (dated no more than ninety (90) days prior to filing date). The filing date is the date the registration package is received by the Division.
4. Investment Advisers who have custody of customers’ funds or securities are required to provide a A Securities Licensee’s Blanket Bond, New Mexico Form BF-2 (Rev 11/98) is available in Forms and Fees of this section or clicking here.
5. List, if applicable, all branch offices in New Mexico with the name, CRD number and qualifications of the designated principal.
6. Submit completed Form U4 for the designated principal In New Mexico (must have S24 exam) to IARD and provide the Division with the name and CRD number of the individual. There shall be at all times at least one designated principal at the main office as well as each branch office.
7. Copy of the Investment Advisor’s Agreement.
8. List all investment adviser representatives to be registered in New Mex Submit a completed Form U4 for each individual to IARD.
9. Every investment adviser shall maintain a net worth of not less than $5,000 dollars, but if you have discretionary authority the net worth requirement is $10,000.
Each Investment adviser representative and designated principal must have successfully passed, within the last two (2) years, the Series 65 examination; or the Series 66 examination and Series 6 or 7. The designated principal in addition to having the examinations above must also have the Series 24. In lieu of the examinations the Division will accept the following designations:
CFA Certified Financial Analyst
CIC Chartered Investment Counselor Certification
CFP Certified Financial Planner
ChFC Chartered Financial Consultant Certification
PFS Certified Public Accountant with a Personal Financial Specialist designation
If examinations were not passed within two (2) years prior to application, applicants must have been licensed as investment advisers or investment adviser representatives within the last two (2) years under the laws of another state requiring such examinations.
SEND FORMS TO:
New Mexico Securities Division
Richard Dominguez Compliance Officer
PO Box 25101
Santa Fe, NM 87505
For additional information please refer to the following document here.
Forms, study outlines and information regarding examinations may be obtained from:
PO Box 9401
Gaithersburg, MD 20898