File a Complaint


The Securities Division is charged with enforcing state laws that protect investors from unfair and abusive practices by those who are in the business of giving investment advice or selling investment products.

If you feel you have been defrauded, have been approached by someone offering a questionable investment, or are dissatisfied with services offered by a broker, investment adviser or other financial professional, fill out and submit the form above. The Securities Division will open a preliminary investigation based on the information you provide. All information remains confidential and neither the content nor the source of the complaint will be available for public inspection unless the Division institutes formal proceedings in the case.

You should be aware that the Division cannot promise to obtain a return of your funds, nor can the Division act as your attorney in this matter.

Please contact our office if you have any questions at 800.704.5533 or 505.476.4580.


The Securities Division (Division) is responsible for investigating and enforcing possible violations of the New Mexico Uniform Securities Act (the Act), and other types of financial fraud.  Among other conduct, the Act protects investors from being defrauded in the offer and sale of investments like stock, promissory notes and joint ventures, and from abusive schemes or investment advice.  Enforcement actions may be administrative, civil or criminal in nature.   Whether to take any enforcement action is a decision of the Division Director.


Once your information is received, our staff will review it to determine whether a violation of law might have occurred, and whether our Division is the appropriate agency to investigate the matter. If this Division opens an investigation after its review of your materials, a Special Agent will be assigned to the matter, who will communicate directly with you. Your cooperation will be critical throughout the investigation.


The Division cannot represent you individually.  We strongly encourage you to contact a private lawyer to discuss your legal rights and remedies to recover your loss. If your complaint involves a brokerage firm that is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and/or is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) you may wish to contact those agencies directly. Your agreement with your investment professionals may have arbitration provisions contained in your service agreement that you may need to pursue.   If you reside in a state other than New Mexico you may also wish to contact your own state’s securities agency.


  1. To the extent you can, please respond to each questions. If you do not know the answer, please write N/A or “I don’t know.”
  2. Please type or write legibly.
  3. If available, please enclose copies of documents such as contracts, emails, prospectuses, agreements, cancelled checks (front and back), advertisements, letters or other documents that may be related to your complaint.  You may provide the materials in hard copy or electronic format (flash-drive, DVD, etc).
  4. Send this form and your documents to:

New Mexico Securities Division
P. O. Box 25101
Santa Fe, NM 87504

Your Information

MM slash DD slash YYYY

Information of FIRMs andor PERSONs of whom you are complaining use additional page if necessary:


Information concerning other investors:

If you can, please include names, dollar amounts, how money was exchanged, any related businesses or industry professionals, conversations, dates, locations, or any other information. Please provide any documents you may have, if applicable.


I understand that the information contained herein may be used or disclosed in any administrative, civil, or criminal proceeding initiated by this Division. If the Division determines that the subject matter of this complaint is more appropriately within the jurisdiction of another agency of the State of New Mexico, or an agency of the U.S. Government, I authorize the Division to forward this compliant to that agency for any action it deems appropriate. I understand that the Division may share the information provided with any other U.S. or North American regulatory or law enforcement agency.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Max. file size: 512 MB.
Skip to content