Contractor’s Page

Manufactured Housing: CID Crossover Contractors


Any New Mexico licensed contractor who wants to perform electrical, plumbing, mechanical and permanent foundation work on a manufactured home MUST register with the Manufactured Housing Division before doing any work. Licensed contractors who wish to set-up a manufactured home are required to first obtain an installer license from the Manufactured Housing Division.

Get Licensed

Contractor Licensing Requirements

60-14-7. License required; classification; examination.

No person shall engage in business as a manufacturer, dealer, broker, repairman, installer or salesperson unless licensed as provided in the Manufactured Housing Act or the Construction Industries Licensing Act [Chapter 60, Article 13 NMSA 1978].

The committee shall adopt regulations creating a system of license classifications covering the occupations of dealer, broker, manufacturer, repairman, installer and salesperson and providing for the qualifications and examination for each class of license.

No person shall import for sale or exchange, or engage in the business of selling, leasing or exchanging or offering for sale, lease or exchange, any manufactured home manufactured by any person who is not licensed as a manufacturer under the Manufactured Housing Act.


Please contact licensing for more information: 505-365-3429 or

MHD Forms and Applications

Skip to content