Securities Division Trainings
Financial Investigation Course
FREE, FOUR-HOUR COURSE ACCREDITED BY THE NEW MEXICO LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY
This is an entry-level investigative course for patrol officers to develop practical financial investigative skills. The primary goal of this course is to introduce officers on how to collect, analyze, and interpret financial information used in various crimes.
OFFICERS WILL LEARN:
- How to respond to calls involving financial crimes.
- How to conduct an initial investigation.
- How to use financial instruments to solve other crimes, such as burglaries and larcenies.
- The relationship of financial crimes to other types of crimes.
- How to educate the community to prevent them from becoming victims of financial crimes.
Albuquerque Police Department: June 23, 2023 – 8:00am-noon