Podiatry: Continuing Education Requirement
- Licensure Expiration: Podiatry licenses expire on January 1 of each year.
- Renewal Deadline: A completed renewal application accompanied by the required fees, documentation of 16 hours of continuing education with two hours specifically related to pain management as defined in 18.104.22.168 NMAC and must be post-marked, received electronically, or online renewal on or before January 1 of each year.
- Licensee Responsibility: The board assumes no responsibility for renewal applications not received by the licensee for any reason. It is the licensee’s responsibility to make timely request for the renewal form if one has not been received thirty days prior to license expiration.
- Late Renewal: Renewal applications that are not postmarked, received electronically or hand-delivered to the board office by January 1 must be accompanied by the completed renewal application as defined in 22.214.171.124 NMAC and late fees defined in Subsection F of 126.96.36.199 NMAC.
- Summary Suspension: A license that is not renewed by March 1 may be summarily suspended by the board.