Athletic Commission: FAQs

What sports does the New Mexico Athletic Commission regulate?

The state regulates professional boxing, kickboxing, mixed martial arts and professional wrestling.

Does the state regulate amateur sports?

Yes, the State Athletic Commission also regulates amateur martial arts.

What type of paperwork is required before a fighter is allowed in the ring?

Proof of current licensure, current blood work (Hep C, Hep B, and HIV) and is required to be drawn within six months of the event and within 30 days if an out of state fighter and federal identification.

As a Promoter, what is required before an event permit is approved?

Only a complete event application will be submitted for approval to the Commission.  The following documents must be included with the application in order for it to be considered complete:

  • Completed Event Permit
  • Bout sheet including full [legal] names of participants
  • Contract weight and the number of scheduled rounds
  • Fight Fax on all fighters (boxing)
  • Insurance Policy – surety protection for participants (fighters)
  • All contracts for all fighters (amateur and professional)
  • Verification of adequate security (licensed)
  • Verification of ambulance and medical technicians
  • Verification of Physician in attendance
  • Pre and post ticket manifest
  • Name of ticket agency
  • Manifest of all tickets delivered to the promoter
  • Copy of the contract of the event venue
Skip to content